Welcome to our CMJobs Recruiting Portal!
Within this portal, companies are able to update a company profile and add contacts, upload a PDF job announcement for CSU CM students and alumni, as well as view interested student resumes, preselect candidates, and view on-campus interview schedules.
Login With Company Code
To request a Company Login please email CMJobs@colostate.edu
After logging in, you will have the option to personalize or simply change your company log in code.
CM Placement Statistics
- Undergraduate Student Placement Stats
- Undergraduate Intern Placement Stats
- CM Undergrad Demographic Data
Employer Code of Conduct for Recruiting
The Department of Construction Management follows the University Career Center and National Association of Colleges and Employers' Principles for Professional Conduct in Student Hiring. Please be aware of the following guidelines when recruiting our students:
We ask that employers convey decisions to candidates within a reasonable time frame and communicate that time frame to candidates. As a general rule, employers should give students a minimum of two weeks from the date the offer is made to make their decision, ideally within the semester of graduation. Please give students a minimum of two-weeks to respond to offers.
Exploding offers (offers that do not afford the candidate the appropriate time to either accept or decline) are unacceptable. Employers are to refrain from exerting any undue pressure on candidates to accept an offer.
If conditions change and require your company to rescind an offer made to a student, we ask that you contact the CM Placement Office prior to taking any action. If after discussions with the Placement Office, the offer is rescinded, we ask that you pursue a course of action for the affected candidate that is fair and equitable, including (but not limited to) financial assistance and outplacement services.
Employers should not try to persuade students to renege on employment offers from other companies under any circumstances. This would be in direct breach of the university recruiter code of conduct and ethics. Students who renege face serious consequences limiting or revoking their access to career services.
Companies who violate these guidelines, may face penalties including being barred from further recruiting activities. The department asks for your support as we prepare our graduates for a professional career in the construction industry.
Students are held to similar recruiting conduct – reference our 'Student Code of Conduct for Recruiting'
Third Party Recruiting Agencies
The CM Phelps Placement Office, in accordance with the CSU Career Center and the Collegiate Career Services Association of Colorado and Wyoming (CCSA) uses the National Association of Colleges and Employers' definition of third-party recruiters as "...agencies, organizations, or individuals recruiting candidates for temporary, part-time or full-time employment opportunities other than for their own needs. This includes entities that refer or recruit for profit or not for profit, and it includes agencies that collect student information to be disclosed to employers for purposes of recruitment and employment."
Staffing agencies and third party recruiters are not permitted to recruit on-campus through the CM Department at this time. This includes the career fair, info sessions, on-campus interviews, and other on-campus recruiting events hosted by Construction Management.
Staffing agencies and third-party recruiters are permitted to post position announcements to our on-line job board, provided they:
- Charge no fees to the candidate.
- Reveal the identity of the employer being represented and the nature of the relationship between the agency and the employer, and permit the verification of such information by contacting the employer directly. The Phelps Placement Office will not attempt to solicit business away from third-party recruiters, however, we will require employer permission to advertise any opportunity with one of our existing industry partners.
- Submit only current valid openings which disclose the employer and specific position within the posting.
- Use candidate information exclusively for the identified employer and position. Re-disclosure of candidate information is not permitted.
- Comply with all federal and State Equal Employment Opportunity laws (Titles VI and IX, and ADA).
Network Marketing Organizations, as defined by the CSU Career Center, are not permitted to recruit on-campus through the CM Department. This includes the career fair, info sessions, on-campus interviews, and other on-campus recruiting events.
Employers are not permitted to recruit Construction Management intern or work experience candidates for commission or sales positions.
For information on other recruiting services provided by the CSU Career Center, please visit their website.
Note: Member institutions of CCSA often share information with one another regarding their relationships and experiences with third-party agencies and, at the discretion of individual career offices, other conditions of the agreement may apply.
Visit the Industry Recruiter Info Webpage for dates and information relating to the career fair, on-campus interviews, and other helpful recruiter information.
Day Of Interviews
Once you park, please make your way to the Precon Building 3rd Floor Recruiting Center to collect your parking pass(es) and place it back at your car. Then, return and locate your interview room with your company name on it - rooms are not numbered. Please note, we ask students to wait in the waiting area and for companies to call on students when they are ready.
Info Sessions & Food
- Parking: No parking pass required for Info Sessions as lots are not enforced after 4pm.
- Location: Unless otherwise noted, Info Sessions are held in the Precon Building Rm 122 Lecture Hall at 5pm, 6pm, & 7pm.
- A/V: The podium is equipped with a computer, projector, overhead Document Camera, sound and a variety of connections for your laptop. A USB to use with the podium computer works well and is recommended as a backup to a laptop. Computer login instructions are taped to the podium.
- Food/Catering: While not required, many companies provide food. Delivery address is 251 W. Laurel Street, Fort Collins, CO 80523.
Catering is available through CSU’s Lory Student Center. However, most companies prefer to pick-up food or have something catered/delivered locally – like pizza, sandwiches, burritos, etc. Here are a few options nearby:
Job Announcement Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in recruiting Construction Management students at Colorado State University.
For posting of senior, intern or other full time/part time employment, please include the following information (as appropriate) in your posting:
- Brief company history and/or general information of the firm. Staffing agencies and third party recruiters must include the employer they are representing within the posting.
- Job title and general description of duties and responsibilities
- Minimum requirements or qualifications of the position
- Location of assignment and projected start date
- Salary/Wage range
- Application instructions, including a point of contact with telephone, e-mail, mailing address and website
Please review our Internship/Work Experience webpage to understand the requirements of and differences between these two groups before posting or hiring these students.
All employers who wish to recruit from our program must adhere to our Employer Code of Conduct for Recruiting.
You may also list your employment and internship opportunities directly with CSU Career Center’s on-line Handshake system to access a larger pool of candidates. For more information visit https://career.colostate.edu /employers#post_a_job_or_internship .
If you would like to learn more about our Internship and/or Work Experience programs, please feel free to contact us. Additional information on our recruiting opportunities, including our upcoming career fair can be found online at: www.cm.colostate.edu click on ‘Careers, Internships, and Recruiting’ then click on ‘Industry Partners’.